Thursday, February 11, 2010

Less than 20 hrs!

Today I went into downtown Vancouver for some pre-Olympic exploring. I checked off 3 houses from my list. I saw Casa Italia, where they had an exhibit on parmigiano reggiano (I got a special Parmesan knife) and saw some other stuff about Italy. Then I went over to the Bell Ice Cube. When you come in they give you earphones and then you can plug them into different screens to listen to different reports or talk about athletes. After that I went to the BC power smart house. They had an exhibit about power smart appliances. They also had a video about energy saving (Which was impressive by the amount of stuff they managed to link to BC hydro!) they also had a virtual graffiti wall (kinda like a smart board) and an energy saving slalom (I won an light up medal in the quiz after the movie!).

After that I headed to David Lam park to see the torch's arrival in Vancouver. You needed to go through security to get into the site and then it was poring rain. But as I made my way into the site the rain finally stopped. It was a very magical ceremony, to see the torch again. It was the same as the celebration I saw in Ottawa back in December, except different performers and choirs. It was also a very touching celebration because it was the last one and for the relay team. They have been doing this celebration across Canada 2 or 3 times a day for the past 105 days. Since I was near the corridor where the runner would come in I could see the relay team celebrating for the last time.

At the end of the celebration there was the Live Nation downtown light and water show. They pumped large amounts of water from False creek that they spray up as a screen and on which they project images. At the same time they also had fireworks timed to music. Quite Amazing!

Now for some rest before the big day tomorow!

Check out some pictures here;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=179896&id=503442501&l=1a70ca4060

No comments:

Post a Comment